The latest "earth-friendly" craze is to bring your own shopping bag. But did you know that you can often earn some green while being green? Some stores will give you a discount for every bag that you bring that you use. For example, my local grocery store gives me 5 cents for every bag I use that I've brought. And the bag doesn't even have to be "reuseable." I just reuse the regular shopping bags, which don't cost me anything, until they get holes in them. Then I put them in the grocery store's bag recycling bin. Just ask a clerk or customer service of their policy.
It's not a huge savings initially, but when you figure that if you use 8 bags a week for a year, you'll save over $20!!
**Update** King Soopers, Sprouts, and Target offer a discount if you bring your own bag.
Jamie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment