Hi! My name is Jamie and I am a SAHM of three beautiful young kids living in the north Denver area. While in no ways am I an expert on thriftiness, I do love a good deal and trying to save money.
Growing up I was blessed with parents who taught me the importance of living within your means, saving, and working hard. They taught me more through their actions than through their words. That said, I've definitely had to learn money management and frugal skills over the years, particularly since being married.
For those of you who come from backgrounds very different from mine, please know that ANYONE can learn how to become a good "thrifteconomist." I grew up seeing a relative struggle consistently with money management. She always seemed to be in debt and in tight financial situations. Her children grew up seeing her spendthrift ways. Admiringly, two of her children were able to break the spend/debt cycle and have become great money managers. It is possible!
I have felt inspired to create this blog in an effort to help others learn money management skills and thrifty tips. Hopefully the tips I've gleaned over the years will be useful to you. Depending on time, I may even include local deals that are happening in an effort to help your hard earned money go farther. But this blog isn't just about me...it's for all of us to learn. So please feel free to email me your own tips so we can all learn together!
Jamie
P.S. I'm choosing to not have advertisements on the blog so that you can trust that when I mention some store or product, I don't get any kickbacks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment