I am a list-maker. It's the way I stay sane. It's the way I prevent (most of the time:-) that overloaded brain forgetfulness. It's the way I can sleep at night so I'm not worrying "Don't forget this, tomorrow." I keep a notepad near my bed to keep track of these things. But right on my fridge I have posted two lists that help me save money--my freezer content list and my restock list.
My freezer content list contains all the items I have in my deep freezer, which is especially helpful with the freezer meals I've been making. I write the item, how many I have, and the date they were made or put in the freezer. Then, when I take something out of the freezer, I cross it off the list. This helps me remember and use what I have so that I don't waste money on unused freezer-burned food.
My restock list is where I write down the items that we're running out of. My husband has learned that if he wants me to buy something, he must write it on the list or I won't remember to buy it! When I go shopping, I grab the list so that I won't forget something...which saves me money on gas and those "extra" things you tend to pick up when you're just buying milk!
What lists help you save money?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All of these are such great ideas. Thank you! I love reading them and trying them. I'm going to tell my friends about this website.
Post a Comment