Helping you live the most important rules of thrift:
1) Spend less than you earn and 2) Make saving a priority!


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laundry Loads

To maximize savings on laundry, here are some ideas:
  • Do all your laundry on one day, starting a load as soon as another load finishes.  This maximizes the efficiency of your dryer...it stays warm inside, so you spend less money reheating the dryer for each load.
  • Wash all loads in cold water to save heating costs.  (I must admit I don't do this...I'm too much of a germaphobe...gotta have it hot for certain loads to kill the germs.)
  • Wash only full loads.  A full load uses almost the same energy to run as a small load!
  • Use less detergent.
  • Dry whatever you can on a clothesline.
  • Fold or hang clothes immediately after taking them out of the dryer.  This saves money and time because it means less ironing!
  • Iron your clothes in one big batch, saving money to reheat the iron multiple times.
What are your ideas?

No comments: