I hate clothes shopping---it's difficult with three little ones in tow, it's hard to sort through all the immodest clothes to find modest outfits that fit and are cute, and I hate paying $20 for a piece of clothing. Enter hand-me-downs. I'm incredibly blessed to have a sister-in-law who loves to shop and is close to my same size. She gets the "thrill" of shopping, wearing an outfit for a year or two, then when she tires of it, she sends it my way. She does the same thing with clothes for her sons and daughter, who are handily just a few years older than my children. We LOVE hand-me-downs at our house.
Now, you may not be as fortunate as to have a shopping-loving relative, but you can still spread the word that you welcome any and all hand-me-downs. Many people would rather donate their gently used clothing to someone they know than to some faceless organization. I have two neighbors that occassionally drop off their son's outgrown clothes, knowing that if I can't use it, I have friends with boys the same age as mine that would also welcome hand-me-downs.
Another option is to organize a clothing swap with your friends. Make it a fun event where everyone brings clothes, shoes, accessories, and jewelry that they don't want anymore. You can then "shop," coming home with a new wardrobe, without paying a cent! Donate any leftover items to your favorite charity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment